Monday, January 15, 2007

New Blog Location

Seems like about a year ago I was migrating services to my little server. Now I'm heading in the opposite direction and trying to migrate services off of it. I guess I shouldn't give my wife such a hard time for wanting totally different wall colors than she did 2 years ago :)

Couple of reasons for doing so:
  1. The power has gone out a few times in the last year, and I'd rather not worry about availability, especially when I can get this blog for free.
  2. For the first time in 2 1/2 years, my qwest dsl was down for a day. I'm not sure exactly how the outage was since I was out of town, but again, I'd rather not worry about it. Plus, I only had < 1 Mbps upload capacity.
  3. I didn't really feel like keeping wordpress updated or tracking their security vulnerabilities. (wordpress, or any blog hosting software, doesn't ship in openSUSE)
  4. Most importantly, it seems to be a nice time to follow suit in migrating blogs.

I didn't have that many blog posts for the previous site so I copied and pasted them over.

There weren't that many comments on the old site so I simply pasted them in right along with the post.

Maybe I'll blog more now... maybe not. But this will be it's home until the "Google goes Evil" prophecies start to come true (outrageous advertising, fees, etc...), then maybe I'll return to my original color choices.

No comments: